We all hear about the importance of having morning routines that will lead to more productivity throughout the day. And I totally agree with the crucial role morning routines play in our lives. But at the same time, I also believe in the power of evening routines for optimizing the day ahead. Because following a simple yet powerful evening routine definitely facilitates performing any type of morning routine the next day.
- Reduce your exposure to blue light: It’s important to limit your exposure to blue light at least an hour before going to bed. Research says that blue light interferes with sleep patterns somehow. And if you want to be a bit more ambitious, you can try using gadgets that help block blue light all day.
- Limit your caffeine intake: I believe in the benefits of caffeine consumption. But, we need to put a limit to our caffeine intake at one point during the day. A good rule of thumb is to avoid any caffeinated drinks after two pm. Listen to your body and do a favor to your adrenal glands by limiting your coffee/tea consumption.
- Write down three things you are grateful for: Practicing gratitude is crucial because it helps us feel happy for all the things we already have. Increasing your happiness levels before going to bed may help you sleep better.
- Meditate: Clearing your mind and creating space between your thoughts before going to sleep will definitely help you sleep better.
- Repeat positive affirmations: I’m a strong believer in positive affirmations. And listening to positive affirmations at least ten minutes before going to sleep may help you start the next day with positive thoughts and feelings.
What is your evening routine? What habits and practices help you sleep better?