As the name suggests, an energy dip is that time when you feel like you have no energy to lift even a finger. It happens even to the best of us. And the thing is, if you don’t take action to protect your energy levels, you may have those flatlines more than once a day. So what can you do about it?
- Try to eat snacks regularly: Make sure your glucose levels don’t hit the bottom. Remember, the brain’s primary fuel is glucose!
- Think of a person that makes you happy: Try to bring to your mind as many happy memories as possible. Don’t forget to smile!
- Read some funny quotes or jokes: Humor is an important part of our lives. If you want to have a good laugh, check out 101 Funny Work Jokes to Get You Through the Day by Andrew Tarvin, founder of Humor That Works. And please remember to share the laughter with your colleagues.
- Stand up, stretch, take a deep breath: We are not designed to sit down for long periods. Our bodies need movement to maintain efficient circulation throughout the body. Stand up, stretch your arms over your head, take a few breaths; you will immediately feel better and more energetic. If possible, go for a brief walk
- Reconnect with your loved ones: Give a call to your parents, your siblings, your kids, to someone whom you really enjoy talking to!
- Take a power nap: If your job allows it, why not?
It’s normal to have energy dips throughout the day but remember you have many options to get out of it and feel better. What other ways can you think of? Let me know!